Everyone knows that foot problems are painful and debilitating, not to mention just plain embarrassing.
But the number of people who seek treatment from professionals podiatrist in Windsor is shockingly low, with only 10% of individuals with foot or ankle problems ever going to see an expert podiatrist in their area.
It’s unfortunate that so many people put up with this kind of pain when it could easily be solved by visiting a podiatrist once every year or two. If you’ve been putting off seeing a podiatrist because you don’t know what to expect, let this blog post help you out.
Important Considerations for Foot Health
- Losing weight can lead to foot problems due to the additional stress it puts on your feet.
- A podiatrist can provide treatment for bunions, hammertoes, and other foot ailments.
- Pain in your feet could be a sign of plantar fasciitis or nerve pain. A podiatrist can diagnose this condition and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
- Foot issues such as calluses and corns are common but can lead to infection if left untreated.
- Podiatrists can tell you about any conditions you may have inherited from your family and how best to treat them.
- Nerve damage from an injury or illness might also cause pain in your feet, which is also treatable with podiatric care.
- Regularly seeing a podiatrist will help keep you from developing serious foot diseases that would take much longer to heal without proper medical attention.
What services do podiatrists offer?
Podiatrists are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the foot and ankle. They provide an important service by assessing the health of your feet and providing recommendations for treatment.
Many people don’t know that a podiatrist can diagnose, treat, and care for more than just common ailments such as athlete’s foot or ingrown nails.
A podiatrist also treats complex cases such as nerve damage, arthritis, bunions, heel pain, blisters, or calluses – all problems that may not respond well to other treatments.
How can you find an experienced, trustworthy foot doctor?
Choosing the right podiatrist to see can be overwhelming. There are many doctors in your area and it may be hard to know who is the best for you. Here are some steps to find the right doctor for you:
- Ask your primary care physician or foot specialist for a referral. They will most likely have recommendations from other patients with similar issues that they have seen before. If this doesn’t work, go online and read reviews from other patients. The Internet can be a valuable resource when looking for information about a doctor.
- Talk to your friends, family, coworkers, or neighbors about their experience with podiatrists.
- If you don’t feel like talking to people about their experiences, do an internet search on podiatrists in your town and take note of their qualifications- what schools did they attend? How long have they been practicing?
What certifications do they hold? Do any of them specialize in certain treatments or procedures? Some professionals are also registered as a Diplomate by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics (ABFAA), so make sure to ask if this is important to you.
Regular visits with professionals podiatrist in south Melbourne are an important part of foot care because they help to protect your feet and keep them healthy. If you’re unsure about whether you need to see one, speak to your primary care physician.